in

Why Didn't President Trump Start a New Party in 2021? – Flopping Aces

I get comments like these frequently, and I absolutely understand where they come from.  They come from the sober recognition that the leadership of the Republican Party is comprised of, at best, professional and aspiring bureaucrats who don’t want to lose their seats at the table, or at worst, subversive operatives.  I would place many of the feckless political consultants, those who urge their guys to fold their cards after ripped-off elections, in the former category, while players like Paul Ryan belong in the latter.

“It’s a big club, and you ain’t in it,” said the late George Carlin.  While minor parties are not forbidden in American politics, they are locked out by nature of the electoral college, the composition of the House and Senate chambers, and of course, by big dollars that have blotted out influence that is supposed to reside with the voters.  I have long said that the Republican Party deserves more of the blame for the 2020 election outcome, on both the front and back ends of it, than the Democrat Party does.  After all, with a few exceptions like Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, Republicans did very little to counter illegal Democrat maneuvers to alter the conduct of the 2020 election before it even began, and when it was all said and done, five of six contested states run by Republican legislatures refused to stand up when it mattered most.

Why didn’t we start a new party after that?

The answer is simple – because the only man with enough charisma, clout, and political significance chose not to.  Had he done that, the Republican Party would have immediately become the third largest party, behind the Democrat Party and the new party created by Donald Trump.

This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!

Comments

Loading…

What do you think?

Posted by cstarman417

Do You Know What Barack Obama's Big Concern Is?

In The News Feed: Daily Update. News and Headlines.5/16/2023.