in

Rush Limbaugh, The Revolutionary Media Figure America Badly Needed

“It is the Press which has corrupted our political morals—and it is to the Press we must look for the means of our political regeneration.” -Alexander Hamilton “Let me tell you who we conservatives are: we love people. When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don’t see groups. We don’t see victims.” —Rush Limbaugh

In an age where the Press/Media are corrupting political morals more and more, one man disrupted the evil infrastructure, became a beacon of truth, and changed history. Rush Limbaugh was a revolutionary in the best sense, the quintessential American individualist. He didn’t graduate from college, he was apparently a failure as a very young man, according to arbitrary elitist standards. He sounded like an ordinary man speaking common sense to ordinary people; but then, he made his own rules. And in an age where journalistic honesty is a joke and original thinking is condemned, Rush Limbaugh created a new kind of media. Suddenly, patriots and conservatives across the country who felt isolated, excluded, or hopeless had someone who spoke to and for them. Rush Limbaugh was not a great media personality and truth-teller because he was trained—he was great precisely because he was not trained (or rather, he was trained by doing, he was trained on the job).

He was a sort of genius at talk radio, he was natural, he was charismatic. Even sincere journalists now are trained to speak and move and respond and act and write a very specific and (frankly) artificial way. Rules aren’t always bad, but Rush didn’t follow the rules because he didn’t need them—for him, the “rules of journalism” would have been a restriction, not a guide. He was unique. Two years ago, when Rush died, Americans lost not just a champion, but a friend.

My siblings and I grew up listening to Rush’s radio show with our parents and, later, reading the Limbaugh Letter every month. We memorized his parodies to the point that lines from them became inside family jokes. Growing up and knowing I wanted to be a journalist, Rush Limbaugh inspired me. As a journalist hoping to help renew political morals, I could not but recognize that Rush Limbaugh did it first and best. Media personalities and journalists now are overwhelmingly college educated and meticulously trained a certain way. Rush wasn’t, and that is why we loved him. He had none of the artificialities or elitism of other media figures. When he spoke, it was like having a conversation with a friend. If only conservative media had learned the lesson Rush taught about being real better than it has! If only, like Rush, the media (even conservatives) would stop taking itself so very seriously, and realize that humor is a necessary leaven! If only journalists could learn they must be of the people, and not just for the people!

This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!

Comments

Loading…

What do you think?

Posted by CatSalgado32

Catherine Salgado is a columnist for The Rogue Review, a Writer for MRC Free Speech America, and writes her own Substack, Pro Deo et Libertate. She received the Andrew Breitbart MVP award for August 2021 from The Rogue Review for her journalism.

"Do You Believe in the Tooth Fairy?" – Sen. John Kennedy Slices Up Delusional Climate Alarmist So Badly He's Left Without Answers And Grinning Like

George Soros Trashes Trump, Endorses DeSantis for 2024